Tuesday, March 17, 2009

#40

"Krys?" Rainbow stepped up to him while he helped the others refill the vats. The worst of the poison had been stopped, and attention was turning to how to cleanse the Earth.
He looked up. "Yeah, Rainbow?"
"Can we talk?"
His brows furrowed, but he nodded and followed her away from the others. "What is it, Rainbow?"
"I've figured out where I need to go. I need you to come with me."
His face lit up with a grin. "Of course," he said. "I'm right beside you, all the way."
she didn't smile, which made his fade. "I don't know what's waiting for us," she said.
"We never know, Rainbow."
"This time, it just seems like...so much more is at stake," she said, rubbing her arm.
He reached out to touch her shoulder. "That doesn't matter. We're still the most formidable team in the Universe. Nothing's going to stop us."
She smiled then, faintly. "You sound like Starlite," she said, which made them both laugh. "We'll likely be playing this by ear," she went on. "We dont' know who's doing this, how to stop him, or just how far from home we'll be going."
"Great!" he said with a laugh. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

"We'll find a way to get it to Earth, Rainbow. Don't worry about that," Violet said with a reassuring smile.
She stood beside Starlite, everyone gathered around once more. "Just be careful. Don't take any chances I wouldn't take."
Red laughed and said, "So we should take every chance we get, right?"
She blinked, and a blush crept over her cheeks, but she laughed after a moment. "I guess that's right!" She turned to Starlite and swung easily up onto his back. Looking out over everyone gathered, she said, "I'm counting on all of you. Stay safe, be brave, and keep an eye on the sky." She called forth a rainbow and Starlite took to the sky, Krys following on On-X.
Once they were out of Rainbowland, Krys spoke up. "How do you know where to go?"
She looked down at the rainbow. "I've known all along, but I couldn't remember... I still don't know what this place is. I juts know that at some point, some point I can't remember, I used to know it."
Krys watched her quitely. "Scared?" he finally asked.
"Terrified," she admitted without hesitation.
He grinned. "Good. Me, too."

No comments: